5 Tips for a quick and efficient move
Are you about to move and don't know where to start? The first thing you should do is stay calm and rely on the best allied of change: planning.
Organising every step, before, during and after the move, will be the best way to prevent mishaps and problems during this important transition.
Before you start moving things or packing items...
Define the day of your move and book the transportation you will use in advance.
Get the materials you'll need, such as cardboard boxes, good-sized bags, newspaper, bubble wrap, foam rubber, tape, a marker and labels to mark the boxes.
If you already have everything you need to store your belongings, follow these tips and speed up the packing process.
1. Get rid of things you don't need. The first step is to throw away or donate everything you no longer like and won't use. Find out about organisations or companies that collect clothes, furniture or toys.
2. Ask Unless you hire a truck with qualified personnel, your move will require a lot of hands. Reach out to your loved ones and ask for their support.
3. Keep your things in order. Pack room by room, labelling each box with a specific description of its contents and the room it is destined for. This way, your helpers will know where to put each package.
4. Label boxes containing fragile objects so that they are handled with care.
5. Fill the boxes so that your items do not bounce around inside - from heavier items to lighter ones. If you can't manage to fill them with objects, use foam or newspaper, especially if they contain fragile items.
Be careful! No matter how safe the move may seem, don't leave your valuables, such as jewellery, insurance policies, legal documents, etc., unattended. Always take them with you and move them personally.